New York City seems to be in a perpetual housing crisis – we must end this cycle. We can build and secure housing for every New Yorker.
Any plan for housing must start and end with NYCHA. Over 600,000 residents call NYCHA home and they deserve our first priority.
Together we can:
- Ending the use of hotels/motels for homeless families
- Require all new affordable housing buildings to provide publicly-accessible wi-fi
- Require 100% affordable housing for new developments within the district
- Forbid NYCHA from warehousing apartments
- Increase job opportunities by requiring NYCHA to follow Section 3 guidelines